Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] rlavega@google.com is offline

Default How 2 lock row and column delete/add but allow data entry?

On Monday, October 12, 2009 at 6:17:03 PM UTC+8, SK wrote:
Hi,
I am using the latest version of Microsoft excel (.xlsx).
In a column, I just want one cell to be filled (at any time) and rest as
locked; but that cell could vary/be different.
And I should also be able to delete that cell and then be able to write on
any other cell on the same column (only one cell should be filled at any time
and rest should automatically be blocked). And I want this for say 100 rows.
E.g.:
Column A is the €˜timing slot; Row 1 is with the €˜staff name; and column B
to ZZ are blank where I will be putting €˜yes in each column but for one cell
only and if I try to enter €˜yes in another cell in the same column €“ it
must not allow me to do so until I delete the earlier entered/completed cell
(ie until I don't delete the €˜yes in the other cell of this column).
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,
How about in Google sheet? how to lock the columns and raw to another user and they should not able to delete or add any columns and raw but able to type or input to the cells.
Thanks in advance.