Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Problem encountered with Debug.Print message being passed to subroutine

I have developed a DebugSupport class that gives the option of directing
Debug.Print output to Immediate Window or Immediate Window and disk file or
disk file only. This class has a method output_line. So, in my code I
replace Debug.Print "Line: " & "Test stuff" with
Public dp as New DebugSupport dp.output_line ("Line: "
& "Test stuff")

This works fine. However if the Debug.Print message contains formatting
functions such as Tab() or Spc(), then I get a compile error i.e.
dp.output_line ("Line: "; Tab(10); "Test stuff") Compile error

So, my question is how do I pass such a message into a subroutine.

The method output_line does two things. It puts the input argument into a
Debug.Print statement and then prints it to disk. I assume that the Tab()
function is specific to Debug.Print and that I would have to supply some code
to replicate this formatting control while printing to disk. That is not
difficult. But I am stumped by the compile error. Thanks

Try constructing the entire string BEFORE passing to your routine so it's
already the output string formatted as desired, ..perhaps!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc