Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jmslab@xs4all.nl is offline

Default Change a Search/report code for text into search/report color

Hello (again), I found a code that reports colored cells just I like to have (reporting the cell names). The request is how to combine or adapt this (if this is the way to do it) into the first mentioned part. The result should be reporting of the fields in the same way as the its reported the cells with the found/reported text (Filename/Sheetname/Cell).

It would be very great if somebody can create/change this for me. I'm struckling with this for many hours and tried everything, but....... :(

ps. Because I got an overflow error when running below macro,
I added a tempory part that select only the used cells.

regards, Johan

Sub SelectColoredCells()

'Tempory added this part.
'Select the area with used cells (otherwise you get a stack overflow error)

Dim FirstCell As Range, LastCell As Range
Set LastCell = Cells(Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, LookIn:=xlValues).Row, _
Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, LookIn:=xlValues).Column)
Set FirstCell = Cells(Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=LastCell, SearchOrder:=xlRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, LookIn:=xlValues).Row, _
Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=LastCell, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, LookIn:=xlValues).Column)
Range(FirstCell, LastCell).Select

'Macro for finding/reporting cells with filled color

Dim rCell As Range
Dim lColor As Long
Dim rColored As Range

'Select the color by name (8 possible)
'vbBlack, vbBlue, vbGreen, vbCyan,
'vbRed, vbMagenta, vbYellow, vbWhite
lColor = vbRed

'If you prefer, you can use the RGB function
'to specify a color
'lColor = RGB(0, 0, 255)

Set rColored = Nothing
For Each rCell In Selection
If rCell.Interior.Color = lColor Then
If rColored Is Nothing Then
Set rColored = rCell
Else
Set rColored = Union(rColored, rCell)
Next
If rColored Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No cells match the color"
Else
rColored.Select

MsgBox "Selected cells match the color:" & _
vbCrLf & rColored.Address

'Request....... :)
'Instead of reporting the colored cells in the meassagebox
'I want to reported them the same way as mentioned in earlier request.
'reporting the file/sheet/cell in the file with the macro thats run
'through files in a specific directory.

End If
Set rCell = Nothing
Set rColored = Nothing