Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] carlnersesian@gmail.com is offline

Default Formula doesn't work unless hit enter again

Just hit f9. It will fix it.

On Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 8:35:49 AM UTC-7, Gord Dibben wrote:
If calculation mode is set to automatic and formulas don't update
then.................

You are working under the common misconception that if a number is formatted
to number then Excel will see it as a number.

You must coerce Excel into treating as a number.

Format all to number or general then copy an empty cell.

Select your range of "numbers" and editpaste specialaddokesc.

Now Excel will treat as numbers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:03:37 -0700 (PDT), Steve Szczeck
wrote:

On Jun 30, 6:06�pm, Bobby wrote:
I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !

I am having the same problem and can't get it figured out. Please
help.