Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Removing Words from Cell

Hi James,

Am Thu, 30 Aug 2018 13:04:02 -0700 (PDT) schrieb James:

So for example, if Cell A2 Contains "Action Toy Figure" and Cell B2 contains "Toy", then the formula =SUBSTITUTE(A2,B2,"") would produce the desired result of "Action Figure"

However, the problem I am encountering is that the case (i.e., Proper, Lower, or sometimes a unique Upper case letter in the middle of the words that I am trying to remove) prevents the formula from actually finding the words in the cell.

try:
=SUBSTITUTE(PROPER(A2),PROPER(B2),)

Regards
Claus B.