Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Desmond Walsh Desmond Walsh is offline

Default Problem getting a pointer to a User Defined Type (UDT)

On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 4:34:39 AM UTC-4, Peter T wrote:
"Desmond Walsh" wrote in message

In my test code (in GetUdtPointer), I changed the value of the bmember2 property
first using the pointer marray(2).amember1.bmember2 and then using the pointer GetUdtPointer.bmember2. Locals Window clearly showed 2 distinct UDTb's being updated in the scope of GetUdtPointer. This led me to believe that I could not return a pointer to a specific UDTb. But, when I switched to a class definition of UDTb, I got the pointer I wanted.

Maybe I am missing a point. Could you modify the GetUdtPointer code to return a pointer to a specific UDTb. That is all I was trying to do.