Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Check how date is entered

On 5/9/2018 10:32 AM, GS wrote:

Well, my solution is VBA automation of the process, which is not an
external tool. In essence, though, I agree that this part of Excel is
indeed not well thought out for things beyond general data import.

Was referring to (what I think is a 3rd party?) tool, fpSpread.ocx
DAGS for the filename and came up dry, though; who publishes it just out of
curiosity?

Ok, this is a deprecated ActiveX component I bought after MS 1st introduced the
Ribbon UI. It supports read/write of early Excel files, but for all intents and
purposes it replaces Excel. I pretty much have complete programmatic control of
it.

It used to be considered the premiere alternative to Excel back in its day, but
now it's been trumped by SpreadsheetGear. There is, though, a newer Spread.net
version that is apparently way better than its predecessor...

https://www.grapecity.com/en/spreadnet

Could, in all likelihood even write wrapper glue code to drive it from Matlab
if one wanted to badly enough! :)

"Not well thought out" is a polite euphemism for "broke"? :)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc