Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Check how date is entered

On 5/6/2018 7:37 PM, GS wrote:

So docs done on pre-Vista systems would still show correct dates when
opened in the later OSs because regardless of how the system format
displays, the DateSerial dictates the actual date value!

That's ok for stuff already _in_ MS product; what about the question of
importing data from external systems that may have different encoding between
them? Looks like that's broken to me...

Hmm.., I guess you're talking about dbase date formats and AFAIK these also use
DateSerial; - but then that only applies to MS-based or Windows-based dbases. I
haven't run into any issues using generic dbases like SQLite, though, but then
never did the XP/Vista+ testing thing with that. I do know the dates are
correct in my stuff because I set the format to always use the 3-char month
abreviation. (Suggests date values univerally use DateSerials to be cross-OS
compatible!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!