Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dpb dpb is offline

Default Check how date is entered

On 5/5/2018 9:33 AM, GS wrote:
On 5/5/2018 8:50 AM, GS wrote:

Q: How did you get the underlined text?

Just use underscores; display result 'pends on the newsreader
recognizing them; T'Bird does for the most part; not all will/do.

I don't see how 2 different characters can occupy the same space and so
was expecting the 'flag' char as what we use to boldface, for example.

There aren't two characters; it's unicode "combining characters"
character; is dependent upon font in use and the renderer to recognize
it; if it works it gives the effect; at worst one gets an idea of the
intended effect as just a leading/trailing underscore in plain text on
older newsreaders.

Not positive which release in T'bird it actually began to look like
underlined text; discovered it by pure accident as had used the form for
some emphasis on old groups with plain-vanilla readers "like since
forever" so is just a result of newer systems with an old and never
standard habit.