Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dpb dpb is offline

Default Check how date is entered

On 5/5/2018 8:50 AM, GS wrote:
No contest on the above...

I've re-read the OPs ? and _guess_ I now think he probably was meaning
retrieved from a cell and therefore already in Excel so knowing which
way the cell is formatted answers the question.

Exactly my point; - using a textual format eliminates the ambiguity!

Well, yes, but OP didn't use one so that's sorta' a moot point...my take
when reading the question initially was that he had a date string from
somewhere unspecified and was wondering if any way to determine which it
might be...if he/she ever comes back and comments maybe we'll find out
what the real question was.

:)

Q: How did you get the underlined text?

Just use underscores; display result 'pends on the newsreader
recognizing them; T'Bird does for the most part; not all will/do.