Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Function based on colour of cell text?

I have entirely black text in all rows of col L and a mixture of red or
black text in column A. I've been struggling to create a formula I can
enter in column L which will leave the text unchanged if the col A cell
is red, but delete it (or substitute say 'NA') if it's black.

But I'm coming to the conclusion this is impossible, as there appear to
be no functions of the form 'IF cell text colour = red'.

Before I resort to doing it with a Macro Express Pro macro (testing
pixel colours at a few places), is there another method please,
including perhaps a VBA macro?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Using Excel 365 on a Win 10 Pro PC