Biff

Did you enter the formula as an array?

Type the formula, then instead of hitting the enter key hold down the CTRL
and SHIFT keys then hit ENTER. When done properly Excel will place squiggly
braces { } around the formula. You cannot just type those braces in, you
MUST use the key combination.

Biff

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Biff,

it doesn't work.. it return #VALUE!.....

Lawrence

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(C2:C5,MATCH(1,(A2:A5="A1")*(B2:B5=MAX(IF(A2 :A5="A1",B2:B5))),0))

Biff

"Lawrence" wrote in message
currently, my boss asked me to look for latest price in a large volumn
of
data in excel.

the data is like this...

Product transaction date selling price
A1 5/6/2005 $10
A2 6/6/2005 $11
A1 7/6/2005 $12
A1 8/6/2005 $10.5

Is there any formulas allow to get the A1 latest selling price?

thanks a lot..