Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] c1802362@gmail.com is offline

Default footer character limit issue in Excel

Tried your suggestion. The result is the last character of the Proprietary2 string is truncated.

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 10:31:51 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I am running Excel v14 in MS Office 2010. I have a routine that puts a two line disclaimer into the footer of each tab in the workbook. The routine also inserts the date in the right hand side of the footer.

If I put the disclaimer and date in manually, no issues. If I insert the same disclaimer via code, the second line of the disclaimer truncates the last six characters of the string. If I leave the date out of the code, it works perfectly.

The disclaimer does not bust the 255 character limit. The first line is 43 characters; the second is 68.

So, I need to have both the disclaimer and date correctly inserted.

Any suggestions?

here's the code:

*********

Const Proprietary1 = "&8This string length is exactly 43 characters"
Const Proprietary2 = "The second line string length is much longer at 68 text characters--"

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup

.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = Proprietary & Chr(13) & Export
.RightFooter = Date

end with