Dave Peterson

The formula is what returned the value.

So you'd have to remove the formula to remove the value.

or

change the formula...

=if(a1="something","",yourformulahere)

You add a check to see if the original formula should be evaluated--or just show
what looks like an empty cell ("").

Kent State Grad wrote:

I made a spreadsheet for my Budget and I need a assistance. I want to be able
to clear the dollar amounts in the cells without clearing the way the cell is
formated and clearing the formula.... For example, the cell contains $250, is
formated so the dollar amount is in the middle and is underline, and it also
contains a formula. I want to be able to remove the $250 w/o clearing the
cell formula & format.

--

Dave Peterson