Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Consolidate On Steroids???

On 2/18/2018 11:13 PM, GS wrote:

Just so you know, I will use arrays to manage things as I'm not a fan of
doing worksheet read/writes due to the associated slowness.

Just been working on generalizing some of the previously by-hand fixups

Surely there's a better syntax than

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(CompanionFunds),COLUM N(CompanionFunds))),MATCH(V79,CompanionFunds,0)-1,-5)

to get a particular value from the companion fund data
area...CompanionFunds is the name array of FundNames including all the
other pools than Pool 1; Column V is the fund name for the given Pool 1
fund. The column offset -5 happens to be where the HistoricalValue is
located; purpose here is to be able to add that to the HV in the given
fund -- oh, while I write this it dawns on me that SUMIF() may come to
the rescue here as well...

Still a ? ran across that hadn't thought of previously; in MATLAB if
there is more than one match, I get the list of all back automagically;
in Excel MATCH and friends stop after first...what's the way to find all
matches?