Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Consolidate On Steroids???

OK, this is a perfect task for SUMIF() because fund names are duplicated in the
various pools, but will be totalled in a single record on your 'consolidation'
sheet. The *key* to making this possible is to use a 'structured' template for
the consolidation sheet, and VBA to auto-populate it with the appropriate data.

This is not a daunting task for most Excel programmers since this is a very
common type of task. The repetative nature of the task sets the prerequiste for
using a structured template designed to meet your 'report' needs, which can be
inserted into any workbook where needed. The easy part is that your
consolidation sheet (I call it "Summary" in my projects) only has to pull data
from 1 sheet (I assume), not pull from several sheets.

Perhaps we could collaborate on this project so you get started in this concept
with some measure of comfort?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!