bj

It sounds like it is a print driver issue. many print drivers have a
different spot to select gray scale from black and white.

"Guenther" wrote:

I need to format the text in a range of cells. I am using conditional
formatting, but the text always appears in black. This happens an multiple
brands of black and white printers. It works well in color, but when I
switch to black and white printing, the text always comes back as black. It
looks fine until I see the print preview, or actually print the page. I am
using office 2003 on a windows 2000 machine. I am printing on HP and Lexmark
laser printers. I have found that I can print grayscale text in other office
applications, just not Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Guenther