Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Excel file too big even when I delete all cells

davidwalburn wrote:

On Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 4:43:33 PM UTC-6, Gord Dibben wrote:
After deleting the unused rows and columns did you SAVE the workbook.

Some versions require a sav/close and reopen before changes take effect.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:35:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

My file size is 700 KB for a spreadsheet with little text and few
formulas with links but no macros. I deleted the cells to the right
and bottom of the cells being used and the size stays the same; even
deleting all of the cells in the workbook does not change the size. I
cut the spreadsheet and pasted into a new file and the new file has
the same size as the original. Any ideas? Thanks!

This worked for me! I have kept files open for so long and tried a million
ways to get the cells to remove the content. So simple that I can't believe
I never tried before. Excel 2016.

Bad enough that you effectively posted "me too!", but the original post was
***10 YEARS AGO!!!***

--
This woman seemed flawless because she didn't have enough time to
drive you crazy, as any person you know well will eventually do.