Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] c1802362@gmail.com is offline

Default returning current date in form

A number of years ago, I wrote an app utilizing the DTPicker control in a form. The user could activate the date field to expose the standard calendar, select the required date, then launch the app. The date selected would be pulled from the form as part of the routine. The selected date was also stored in the app as the date that would initially appear when the form was launched the next time.

Now years later (and a few system versions later), the form no longer returns the last date (or the current date for that matter). It appears to return the date when the field was added to the form. If I try to blank out the date in the DTPicker control properties tab, I get a NULL ERROR message unless the checkbox is activated (not what I want). If I try to point the default value of the control to the last date selected (reading from the cell in the worksheet), I get an error (bad syntax?).

It appears that the DTPicker control is no longer viable in Office 2010 and later.

So, is there a current calendar type date selection tool other than DTPicker? Is there a better way of achieving a selectable date using a calendar?

Art