Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Code to replace specific text

Hi Steve,

Am Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:26:27 -0800 (PST) schrieb
:

I'm currently working on a macro that sorts the worksheet by various criteria, and I want to include in the same macro an element of tidying the data so that, if the 'description' cell says 'No Description' (this is from the credit card source data), I'd like to replace it with the content of the corresponding vendor cell:

Col G Col H
Laptop PC Store
No Description PC Store
Keyboard Amazon

becomes

Col G Col H
Laptop PC Store
PC Store PC Store
Keyboard Amazon

try:

Sub ReplaceText()
Dim LRow As Long, i As Long
Dim varData As Variant

With ActiveSheet
LRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row
varData = .Range("G1:H" & LRow)
For i = LBound(varData) To UBound(varData)
If varData(i, 1) = "No Description" Then
varData(i, 1) = varData(i, 2)
End If
Next
.Range("G1").Resize(UBound(varData), 2) = varData
End With
End Sub

Regards
Claus B.