Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default vlookup formula for my enrollment database

FWIW
I use a different approach in my Student Grades Manager app where student names
are not in separate fields but are listed as...

"Lastname, Firstname Middle Initial"

...in the 1st column. The StudentID follows in the 2nd column of the class
ledger. The various subject/assignment modules follow in the subsequent
columns. Weighted scores are calculated in the last module followed by Final
scores (%avg, Grade, PtAvg) are calculated in the last 3 columns via a lookup
in a GradesTable.

This works well and simplies when uploading grades to a central location.
Perhaps you could simplify your project to obviate this issue and any others
that may arise?<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!