Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] agarsenal.fo7@e-dswd.net is offline

Default vlookup formula for my enrollment database

Hi there,

I am working with my enrollment database and i have problem with my look up value. I am using the last name of my student as my look up value, however, four of my students have the same last name but different first names. When a type the last name only one student name will always appear. How can i solve this problem. To illustrate:

Subject: PolSci102
Last Name:_____________ - this is the A2 in my student profile sheet
First Name: =vlookup(A2,'PolSci102'!$A$3:$V$749,2,FALSE) - where my problem is
Middle Initial: =vlookup(A2,'PolSci102'!$A$3:$V$749,3,FALSE)
Class Block No.:=vlookup(A2,'PolSci102'!$A$3:$V$749,4,FALSE)
Prelim Grade:
Midterm Grade:
Pre-Final Grade:
Final Grade:

similar sample (name not true, sorry if it accidentally identifies someone else)

Last Name Column First Name Column Middle Initial
dela cruz Juan I.
dela Cruz Juana Q.
dela Cruz Jessie B.
dela Cruz Jason M.