Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] arie.b.griffioen@gmail.com is offline

Default Conditional formatting and If statements

So what I originally had was some conditional formatting for tracking progress. An X made the cell turn green, an O made the cell turn blue.

The issues was the formula I used to populate those cells (vlookup) causes many #N/A cells. I wanted to hide these because they clutter up the space.

I found if you use an IF statement you can hide contents of the cell
=IF(ISNA(formula)),"",formula)

Now the issue is my conditional formatting won't work. The cells that should have Xs and Os do but they aren't changing color.

Anyone with some sage advice for me?
An alternate way to hide NA cells or to get formatting to work again?

My full formula is this
=IF(ISNA(vlookup($B4,'Job Database'!$A:$F,4,false)),"",vlookup($B4,'Job Database'!$A:$F,4,false))