Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Recursive To non-Recursive Procedure

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
Peter T formulated the question :
"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
On the other hand, *why* do you want it to be unrolled?

Why you ask me that?

You seem reluctant to give a reason. Is this homework to find a less
elegant non-recursive alternative as an exercise?

Here's a Google search that'll get you started:
https://www.google.com/search?q=stri...+non-recursive
Really I don't need that.

Why not? I found several potential solutions in a few minutes.

Oh... you are a very clever man, congratulation!
Why don't you read accurately before writing?

I don't need any practical solution, it's only a matter of
principle.
I would be able to convert that particular algorithm into a
non-recursive procedure, but I'm unable to do so.
Then I put here the question.

Have I satisfied your curiosity?

Not really a matter of curiosity, often asking the objective leads to a
different approach the OP might not have considered, particularly when the
reason for the question is not clear. So it's a sort of intellectual
exercise then, right?

Although any approach will end up doing essentially the same thing your
algorithm is not directly convertible as it's designed to be recursive.

Oh... you are a very clever man, congratulation!

Huh, it was a simple search, why the sarcasm, why not try yourself!

Why don't you read accurately before writing?

AFAIK I did read accurately before posting. Not sure why you're so
aggressive to people who try to help you.

Peter T