KaiWalk

Default Lookup Table help

Hi all, new member. Be gentle.

I'm creating a worksheet that will be used to list individual
transactions (300-400) daily. It will have few merchants (15-20) with
numerous individual transactions and changing fees ($15-$50).

The merchants will be entered via a dropdown menu I create.

Certain merchants will have a salesman associated with their
transactions that receives a percentage of their fee.

How do I create a table that basically says "if merchant is XYZ, enter
salesman name in B15, enter that salesman's commission formula in B16
(the formula would be a specified percent of the fee)"

My ultimate goal is to also have per merchant & per salesman summary
pages that have SUMIF statements that determine the final amount due to
each merchant & each salesman, possile combined with mail-merge info as
well.

I guestimate that I am an intermediate Excel user.

Thx for the help.

--
KaiWalk
KaiWalk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27815