PY & Associates

Assuming "Example A" is in cell A1
put "a1" in B1, "a2" in C1, "a3" in D1, "a4" in E1
likewise put "a6" in B2, "a7" in C2, "a8 in D2 "a9"in E2
highlight B1 to E2 and drag copy down to get each row in the number
increases by 5
that is down column B, you get a1, a6, a11 etc

with this new block highlighted, substitute "a" with "=a"

if you are happy with the result, delete column A

"Melissa" wrote:

I have a one-column list with similar types of row data, that I would like to
use to create a mulit-column spreadsheet. For example, the list currently
looks like this:

Example A
text
text
text

Example B
text
text
text

Every row is currently in column A. What I would like to do, without having
to copy and paste (I have several hundred rows of text) is to have the data
look like:

Example A Text Text Text
Example B Text Text Text

I have looked at functions such as concatenate and Pivot tables but they
don't seem to do what I need to do.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Melissa
Queensland, Australia