Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Filing System

I have been trying to create a filing system for a lawfirm that I am
currently interning at how I am struggling to create a way to copy the cell
contents of a given cell and have it moved and "saved" so that when the
original cell is changed the new one stays the same:

Here is what it should look like:

LastName: Duncan
FirstName: Charles
Telephone #: (910)-978-9886
Email:

Duncan Charles (910)-978-9886

(And when that dated is deleted it saves and when new data is entered it will
go one row down).

Excel has a built-in feature called 'DataForm' that may very well suit your
needs as it sounds like you want to progressively build a database for this
info. How this works requires you redesign your worksheet as follows:

Row1 contains headers in columns A:D for the data fields;
Lastname Firstname Phone1 Phone2 Email

Data records start at Row2

(I included 2 phone fields because that's what is typical nowadays!)

Open the DataForm while this sheet is active and use its features to manage
your data...

--
Garry

Free usenet access at