Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Merge several fixed width text files into one

Hi Garry,

Am 14.06.2017 um 00:58 schrieb GS:
Nice to see you 'spreading your wings'!<g

Why not? ;-)
FWIW:
My experience with users for this type of utility is (typically) where a
share folder is used as a repository for collecting data from various
sources over a given period. Once per period the data gets consolidated
into a single file for processing further by some means, and the source
files get deleted so the folder only contains un-processed data files.

That said, your example could be modified to drill drown a selected folder
(and optionally, subfolders) so the user doesn't have to specify filenames.
Your sample addresses EXACTLY what the OP states is wanted; -I'm guessing
that's not the 'actual' scenario...<g

In the old days this was a classical job for some commands from the command
line. My intention was to bring this technique back to memory and how we can
use it now a days. Of course this can also be done with some vba but what
about the fun?

Ulrich

Ha, ha! The 'fun' only exists for the old timers, right! These days we only see
newbie OPs (which I am one of in the Classic VB forums), mostly looking for
'turn-key' solutions and so won't appreciate your offering same as I do!<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc