Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Need a pivot table subset of a pivot table (slicer doesn't work)

To be perfectly honest.., I never use pivot tables! I tend to handle data in
the way a database app would, where I use a userform with a data grid and
controls that allow users to do criteria based queries on the underlying
'recordset'.

Pivot tables only work in spreadsheet apps that support them. Database queries
work everywhere! This allows me to reuse the same code in VB6 apps as well. I
see pivot tables as a user friendly alternative to viewing data by changing
criteria in the table. Nice for spreadsheet users not versed in db programming!
(just saying...)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!