JeroenM

OK, but how can I make sure that the chart "knows" which line it has to draw,
a dotted or continuous one? This depends on the value of a cell somewhere in
the worksheet.

JeroenM.

"Barb Reinhardt" schreef:

If you want it dotted in some places and a line in others, you'll need to
have a series for the dotted line and a series for the solid line.

Good luck.

"JeroenM" wrote:

Hello,

I have the following question:
I have an Excel chart with a target line. In some cases I want to have the
target line as a dotted line, and sometines as a continuous line. Somewhere
on the worksheet is a cell wich determines if it must be a dotted or
continous line. Is it possible to make the chart in such way that if I
change the cell for continuous/dotted, the line in the chart is updated
automatically (from dotted to continuous or the other way).

Thanks in advance,

JeroenM.