Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default What determines location of VBA code from recorded macro?

I recorded a macro (as a basis for editing, maybe with help here). But
how are you supposed to know where to find the VBA code please?

I assumed it would be in PERSONAL.xlsb as a new module, But as you see
it's replaced whatever was in Module 8, rather than creating Module 16.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e-Location.jpg

What logic or inadvertent setting on my part gets it into Module 8?

Also, could I ask a few associated very basic queries please:

1. Is there any way to change 'Module 1' etc to meaningful names?
2. Or search for a macro name?
3. Is there a KB shortcut to stop a macro recording, rather than the
four clicks, in my case: Classical Menu Tools Macro Stop Recording

4. With many modules open, as I had here, can I close them all at once
instead of individually?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK