Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Go to a column in a selected row?

I have a full row selected and I've opened the Go To dialog. The text
cursor is at its left end. What do I now type in the Reference field
to select the cell in (say) column H please?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...cel-GoTo-1.jpg

Alternatively, how can I get the row number rrr copied to the
clipboard, so that I could then enter the specific cell address Hrrr?

There's a couple of ways you could go:

Give colH a Defined Name as follows:

Select A1 and open the define name dialog;
Enter the same name as the header (minus illegal naming chars);
Make it sheet level;
In the RefersTo box type: =$H1
(..make it col-absolute, row-relative)

Now you can select the name in the NameBox instead of using
GoTo dialog when any cell in the row is selected!

Use a macro:

Sub GoToH()
Application.GoTo {"H" & ActiveCell.Row]
-OR-
Application.GoTo {NamedCol] '//my preference
End Sub

You could assign a keyboard combo if you use it a lot.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc