Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Populating Publisher document from Excel using VBA

GS wrote:

GS wrote:

I was asked to use Excel to collect data for our team and then
create a summary report in Publisher using VBA and I would love
some help.

Basically, I need to add information in various text boxes created
in Publisher but I can't find information regarding Publisher
programming so I wonder if anyone can point me to good VBA
resources dealing with Publisher or provide some sample code.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

A good place to start is to ask in a Publisher forum.

Also good is to familiarize yourself with Publisher's Object Browser
to see what objects, methods, and properties it exposes to VBA. You
can add the 'Developer' tab to its Ribbon and click Visual Basic to
open the VBE.

...or just Alt+F11.

I was thinking, "Junk Yard" could use the macro recorder to see how
Publisher handles doing what he wants (i.e. doing whatcha do
anywhere else): start recording, type in a text box, stop recording,
read the generated code.

Yeah.., that'd be my next suggestion if Junk Yard persisted here.
Sounds like homework to me, though, since it makes more sense (to me)
to create the summary right in Excel. I certainly can't imagine an
employer asking an unskill worker to do this!<g

You're probably right, especially with the way he phrased it, specifically
the "using VBA" part -- in The Real World(TM), bosses rarely care *how*
something is done as long as it's *done*.

But for all I know, Junk Yard is dealing with some PHB who wants it done
THIS WAY AND NO OTHER WAY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I KNOW DAMMIT! [shrug] I've
had those bosses.

--
When you get bored, click something.
If that doesn't help, then turn off your computer immediately.