Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Populating Publisher document from Excel using VBA

GS wrote:

I was asked to use Excel to collect data for our team and then create
a summary report in Publisher using VBA and I would love some help.

Basically, I need to add information in various text boxes created in
Publisher but I can't find information regarding Publisher
programming so I wonder if anyone can point me to good VBA resources
dealing with Publisher or provide some sample code.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

A good place to start is to ask in a Publisher forum.

Also good is to familiarize yourself with Publisher's Object Browser to
see what objects, methods, and properties it exposes to VBA. You can
add the 'Developer' tab to its Ribbon and click Visual Basic to open
the VBE.

....or just Alt+F11.

I was thinking, "Junk Yard" could use the macro recorder to see how Publisher
handles doing what he wants (i.e. doing whatcha do anywhere else): start
recording, type in a text box, stop recording, read the generated code.

--
The Tale is now told, from first to last.