Simon Murphy

George
Are you doing a full install?
I'm wondering if its one of the none default drivers or filters that's
missing
What version of Office? windows? Internet Explorer?
cheers
Simon

"George Scott" wrote in message
Thank you all ...
It's here because the file opens with Excel. It's a web based query file
that prior to the replacement of the baoard opened with no problems.
I've tested the file on other machines here and it opens with no problems.
When attempting to open the file I get the error that says "there are
compenents that are either missing or corrupt". However it doesn't
identify
those components. I've tried running Office Repair", then uninstalled
Office
Suite and reinstalled - same issue.

"Simon Murphy" wrote:

George
Did you re-install office? with all the right options?
I think they are just plain text, so the likely issue is the .iqy
extension
is not associated with Excel
Can you right click in windows explorer and choose to always open with
excel?
cheers
Simon

"George Scott" wrote in message
The motherboard in my laptop was replaced. Since then I have been
unable
open a iqy file. I have tried it on other users machines and it opens
find.
Any help would be appreciated.