Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default select case help

Hi,

to use the Like operator in a Select Case, you must add a True expression.

Sub Case_Like()
word = "is No PDF"
Select Case True
Case word Like "**No PDF**"
MsgBox "goog"
Case Else
MsgBox "no good"
End Select
End Sub

isabelle

Le 2016-12-14 Ã* 12:24, Matthew Dyer a écrit :
in this case my case is a string (see what I did there???)

I want to test if case contains substrings but am coming up blank.

logic im trying to follow

case contains "**No PDF**" 'do stuff case contains "**No Final Package**" 'do
different stuff else 'do other different stuff

I've done this with nested if/elseif/else statements, but I'm looking for
something a little more 'elegant'? make sense? call me a coding snob... Haha.
just trying to learn new stuff.