Tslebyng224 Tslebyng224 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dyer View Post
hopefully with how active you guys are you can help! I apologize in advance for posting an outlook vba question in an excel vba group. I've got this loop that automatically detects for pdf file attachments in a selected range of email items, saves them to Temp so that I am able to then run a shell to print them. Since sometimes there ARENT pdf attachments, I want to only have the flag status change to complete if the e-mail has a pdf attachment. logically, where I have the flagstatus event occur in my loop makes sense to me, but it only changes the flagstatus for the first item in my selection. Here's to hoping someone smarter than me can figure out what's going on here. Public Sub SaveandPrintAttachments() Dim objOL As Outlook.Application Dim objMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim i As Long Dim lngCount As Long Dim strFile As String Dim strFolderpath As String Dim strExePath As String ' Get the path to your My Documents folder strFolderpath = "c:\temp\" Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objSelection = objOL.ActiveExplorer.Selection ' Set the Attachment folder. (Folder must exist.) strFolderpath = strFolderpath For Each objMsg In objSelection Set objAttachments = objMsg.Attachments lngCount = objAttachments.Count If lngCount > 0 Then For i = lngCount To 1 Step -1 strFile = objAttachments.Item(i).FileName If Right(strFile, 3) = "pdf" Then strFile = strFolderpath & strFile objAttachments.Item(i).SaveAsFile strFile 'use ShellExecute to open the file 'this may not work with zip extension if you use Compressed folders ShellExecute 0, "print", strFile, vbNullString, vbNullString, 0 objMsg.FlagStatus = olFlagComplete End If Next End If Next ExitSub: Set objAttachments = Nothing Set objMsg = Nothing Set objSelection = Nothing Set objOL = Nothing End Sub
I'd constantly want to be update on new content on this site, saved to bookmarks!