Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default suspending code execution

Hi,

can you show us the code ?

isabelle

Le 2016-11-04 Ã* 14:30, c1802362 a écrit :
Hello all,

Have an unusual problem.

I've written a module (as Worksheet_SelectionChange) that builds out a
hierarchical organization chart. So, the first level of executives are
displayed in column A. The user selects a cell (it highlights) and all of the
selected executive's subordinates at the next level populate column B (the
data is from a large table on a different sheet). The user has the option of
continually selecting deeper into the organization until the lowest level is
reached.

The goal is to enable certain reports to be generated at any level.

My problem is that if someone inadvertently deletes a name from column A,
there's no easy way to rebuild the first tier of names as every click
relaunches the build out macro. I've tried repopulating column A every time
the macro is launched, but I get into a recursive loop.

Is there any way to suspend the build out macro if I have to repopulate the
starting data?

Art