Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Watchdog timer issues

In message of Thu, 3 Nov 2016
20:11:09 in microsoft.public.excel.programming, Adrian Caspersz
writes
On 03/11/16 19:33, GS wrote:
On 02/11/16 17:30, GS wrote:
The latest version of ParseWebPages.xls doesn't contain any userforms.
You can download it's zip here...

This one of the projects that my directions would be "If I wanted to
get there, I wouldn't start from here".

Use Pup.

http://www.compciv.org/recipes/cli/p...-parsing-html/
https://github.com/EricChiang/pup

Works in Windows and in everything else.

Very nice tool! Not sure the usefullness importing the data into Excel
is from a command window without additional arduous coding. Do you have
any suggestions for Walter?

Well, for one it would enable dropping the nasty internet controls
stuff from Excel, and CLI results can be got at through WScript.Shell

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-a-command-in-
command-prompt-using-excel-vba

I use pup in a bash script on linux, but the thing would be a fit here
with less overall coding.

Adrian,
Thanks!
I do not see how to port Pup to Windows (Vista Business Service Pack 2
for me).
Even if I did do so, It does not seem capable of returning a DOM
(Document Object Model).
--
Walter Briscoe