Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Watchdog timer issues

On 03/11/16 19:33, GS wrote:
On 02/11/16 17:30, GS wrote:
The latest version of ParseWebPages.xls doesn't contain any
userforms.
You can download it's zip here...

This one of the projects that my directions would be "If I wanted
get there, I wouldn't start from here".

Use Pup.

http://www.compciv.org/recipes/cli/p...-parsing-html/
https://github.com/EricChiang/pup

Works in Windows and in everything else.

Very nice tool! Not sure the usefullness importing the data into
Excel
is from a command window without additional arduous coding. Do you
have
any suggestions for Walter?

Well, for one it would enable dropping the nasty internet controls
stuff from Excel, and CLI results can be got at through WScript.Shell

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...sing-excel-vba

I use pup in a bash script on linux, but the thing would be a fit
here with less overall coding.

Thanks!
The idea behind Excel development is to primarily use VBA for
automating tasks. Any command line can be run to execute external
programs, but further automation code is required to manipulate as
desired. Not much different than automating IE, IMO.

The sample I linked to demos using the WebBrowser as well as using pure
VB[A] so the differences are exposed; -the major one being the speed of
using an API/VB is orders of magnitude faster than automating!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc