Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Huge data set Find-Replace

I have no idea how to make them work, nor can I see them when I call
up the Macro box with f8 from the sheet with my test data.

They have args and so must be called by other procs; this is why they
do not show up in the Macros dialog.

WksToTabFile is what you need to load the sheet into a string var. This
is done by the line to write to file and so you just...

MyStr = Join(vTmp, vbCrlf)
Replace(MyStr, sFind, sReplace)

...then load MyStr back into an array of arrays OR a 2D array...

vTmp = Split(MyStr, vbCrLf)

...and loop thru to create array of arrays...

For n = LBound(vTmp) To UBound(vTmp)
vTmp(n) = Split(vTmp(n), vbTab)
Next 'n

...and choose 1 of the methds to put the data back into the sheet.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc