Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Watchdog timer issues

In message of Sat, 29 Oct 2016 17:50:33 in
microsoft.public.excel.programming, GS writes
Gary,
Thanks for your input.

Walter,

Try...

Private Const vKillET = "00:00:30"

That is effectively what I do in
Private Const killduration As String = "00:00:30"

I don't do Magyar. ;)

I feel I should be able to do
Private Const vKillET as date = sommething.

..and in your function...

killtime = TimeValue(Now) + TimeValue(vKill_ET)
'returns time in hh:mm:ss AM/PM

I do that partially with
killtime = now + TimeValue(killduration)

Why would you "cast" now?
?typename(now)
Date
?typename(timevalue(now))
Date

Also, in your function you might want to def a var to hold the boolean
value used in your If..Then block. It can be set True as a default
unless a condition toggles it false...

Dim bMyVar As Boolean
bMyVar = True '//assume success

'//some code that preserves or toggles bMyVar

If Not bMyVar Then
newie:

I must concede I am overloading killtime as both a value and a flag.
Slightly insanitary. ;)

How do I turn green cell north west corners into text?
--
Walter Briscoe