Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike S[_5_] Mike S[_5_] is offline

Default Camera picture resolution or sharpness

On 10/6/2016 2:16 AM, Peter T wrote:
"Mike S" wrote in message
On 10/5/2016 3:09 PM, Peter T wrote:
"Scott Riddle" wrote in message
Interesting! I tried that and still lost my resolution though. I did find
way though from what you suggested that did work though. I highlighted
the
area I wanted the snapshot of, CTRL-C to copy and then I did a
Paste -Linked
Picture. This kept the resolution just the same as the original. The
interesting thing though is that when I went to paste this picture link
again it then drops the resolution of both of the pictures. The first
picture and the second one that I just pasted. I am not sure why it
thinks
it need to drop the resolution. I am going to do some checking on the
formatting controls and make sure that it isn't automatically knocking
the
resolution down because I compressed all the pictures or something at one
time and now it is doing it "automatically" for me.

Scott

<snip

What if you copy the image of the first picturebox to the other
picturboxes in code. IIRC and if it works the same as in VB6, you might
try using this:
picture2.picture = picture1.image
picture3.picture = picture1.image
pictureN.picture = picture1. image

Mike,
Something along those lines might work with Excel's builtin worksheet
(MSForms) activeX controls, one of which is an Image control and you could
do say
Dim im as Image
Set im = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("image1").Object
im.Picture = my-StdPicture object or handle

some other aX controls like buttons and labels have a similar Picture
property

However what we're talking about here are Shapes which are far more
typically used as worksheet objects. One category of shapes are Picture
objects, it's a hidden member as it's sort of legacy. But it's this type of
object that gets copied or added to a sheet. AFAIK the only way to change
the Picture object's picture (if that makes sense) is to delete the entire
picture object and start again.

Just to confuse, you can also add pictures to some other Shape objects as a
format property, but doubt that would help.

Scott,
I forgot, shape pictures have a compression property. Select a picture, on
the ribbon Format tab, in the Adjust group look at Compress Pictures

Peter T

Thanks for explaining Pater, sorry I wasn't following.