Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Camera picture resolution or sharpness

"Scott Riddle" wrote in message
The "Compress Picture" was what I thought may have been doing it to me. Once
I compressed one picture it would compress all future ones. Kind of like
"text to Columns" does once you do it and then past in more text with a
delimiter it automatically breaks it out into columns.

What I was originally doing was putting a Active X Image on the sheet and
then going to the properties of it where it has picture and then selecting
the picture to put in it. I can only import raster type pictures though. If
I could do a vecotr image it may not cut the resolution on it but it isnt a
option to try.

Scott

When you copy cells only two image format types might be copied to the
clipboard, bmp or emf (metafile), or if you prefer raster or vector, and you
can specify which along the lines I mentioned earlier (though IIRC there was
small related bug with 2007). Assuming no zoom or compression the bmp should
give the best resolution.

What resolution do you get when you "Insert" a picture from file with
respective source types?

Did you say the objective was to store history or changes or something like
that. If so as images is a very resourse intensive way of doing it unless
there is a particular reason

Peter T