Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Need help with many changed Hyperlinks

Hi, I was looking to see if someone could help me with a problem with
hyperlinks. I have an excel file located on my desktop that I use for
church on Sunday mornings that has an alphabetical list of songs to
choose from. Each title has a hyperlink to aMicrosoft Word document
corresponding to its title. Those Word files are located in a folder
on my desktop called Worship Songs.

One day when I went to click one of the titles, it gave me a message:
cannot open the specified file. I then thought about the hyperlink
path being screwed up and sure enough it had somehow changed. It
changed to something like:

file:///c:\users\brett\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\Wor ship%20Songs\All%20I%20Need%20Is%20You.doc

It no longer had the desktop in the pathway. Can someone help me with
a step by step fix to this that I could maybe fix the links all at
once? There are way too many to fix manually. Your help would be most
desired. Thank you!

Why don't you just store the songs in the Excel workbook so your
hyperlinks can just point to the sheet (or range) where the songs are
located?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!