Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Robert Baer Robert Baer is offline

Default Read (and parse) file on the web

GS wrote:
Excel macros are SO... undocumented.
Need a WORKING example for reading the HTML source a URL (say
http://www.oil4lessllc.org/gTX.htm)

Thanks.

Look here...

https://app.box.com/s/23yqum8auvzx17h04u4f

..for *ParseWebPages.zip*, which contains:

ParseWebPages.xls
NSN_5960.txt
(Blank data file with fieldnames only in line1
NSN_5960_Test.txt
(Results for 1st 20 pages)

Holy S*!
I did about 30 pages by hand; quit as rather tiresome and total pages
unknown (MORE than 999).
Never saw the fail you saw.

Difference is that you used the word "and"; technically (i think)
that should not affect results.
Also, you got items I am interested in, and after processing 503
pages, i did NOT get those.

In both cases, there were a lot of duplicate records (government
data, what else can you expect?).

In your sample, there were 73 useful records containing 43 unique
records. There may be some that i am not interested in, but there
definitely ARE those i did not find that i am interested in.

In my sample, there were 3782 unique records,and (better sit down),
only 15 were interesting. Crappy odds.

Hopefully, when i call them, someone that has some experience and
knowledge of how their sort criteria works, will answer the phone.
Last time i called,i got a new guy; no help other than "use Google".

You have done a masterful job!
Label it !DONE! please.

Thanks a lot.