Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Dynamic Range Name that's driving me nuts

Thank you for the help.

You're welcome; -always glad to help!

I tried to implement the segregated lists, but it was going to result
in more significant changes.

I found a work-around that appears to have gotten me over the hurdle.

I'll keep this in mind if I ever try to do Dynamic Validation again.
;-)

FWIW:
I often build a master list in colA, then run sublists horizontally off
that for the dependent lists. Makes it much easier to manage dependent
lists, IMO!

I dupe all my Excel addins as VB6.EXE apps using Farpoint's Spread.ocx
spreadsheet control. Three features it lacks are DV, CF and
GroupOutlining so I have to code for those when I want my worksheets to
have these. While the coding may seem somewhat more complex, it's
actually easier for doing dependent DV lists than structuring global
scope named ranges that will work reliably.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc