Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Robert Baer Robert Baer is offline

Default Read (and parse) file on the web CORRECTION#2

Auric__ wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:

PS: i found WGET to be non-useful (a) it truncates the filename (b) it
buggers it to partial gibberish.

Then you must be using a bad version, or perhaps have something wrong with
your .wgetrc. I've been using wget for around 10 years, and never had
anything like those issues unless I pass bad options.

I also tried versions 1.18 and 1.13 from
https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/.
Exactly the same truncation and gibberish.
At least, the 1.13 ZIP had wgetrc in the /etc folder; perhaps one
step forward.
No nobody said where to put the folder set, and certainly nothing
about set path, which just maybe perhaps might be useful for operation.