Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default XLSM and XLSX - what's the difference?

Not sure I follow. Are you confirming that the 'official' advice
(repeated in those examples I gave) is wrong? Are you able to see the
macros in my example file?

What I'm confirming is that you can use any file extension you want
because Excel reads its binary and so knows it's an Excel file!

Note also that if you specify template or addin filetype when saving,
Excel tries to be helpful by switch file explorer to a 'suggested'
location. You can store wherever you want so, for examle, you could
store all addin/template files in the same location as the rest of
their respective project's files...

Project1 stores all files in its folder:

C:\MyApp\
myapp.xla
myapp.xlt
myapp.chm