arcibald tuttle arcibald tuttle is offline
Junior Member

Default ! exclamation point as pointer to active sheet with R1C1 reference

I'm using R1C1 with most of my macro writing but occasionally I have trouble when I want to make sure the reference refers to the active sheet, not to the macro sheet.

so !A1 does the job but !R1C1 returns an invalid reference.

if I put the sheet name in single quotes, e.g. 'sheetname'!R1C1 it seems to work but of course that changes depending on the active sheet. don't know what the A1 reference style has no problem understanding the exclamation point as a reference to the active sheet but R1C1 does not.

any solutions. thanks